Old 04-12-2011, 06:02 AM
jtapp9

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by jtapp9
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/atq/2316657792.html

Was it common for these to be electrified? And is it hard to turn them back into a treadle? Because it has been modified is it even worth it?

If I looked the serial number up right she was made in 1916!

So honestly, is it worthless because it has been electrified? And would it be hard to take it back to treadle?

Is this pretty much a straight stitch machine? I'll search and read a little soon, got to go cook dinne! Darn life things that get in the way of my hobbies...lol
That is a pretty Redeye, but if it is a 1916 machine the motor and light were probably added as (I think) the ad said. It is not a big deal to do a motorectomy and put it back to a HC or treadle. There are a lot of people on here that do that all the time, just take the motor/light off. The 66 is a really nice machine, and those Redeyes are very striking looking machines.

Are you going to get it?

Nancy

I believe I am! I am making arrangements to meet her tomorrow after work to take a look. i would probably have to leave it electric for the time being because I dont have room for another cabinet. In the next 5 yrs we will be moving to a little bit bigger home and land so that is when I will work on putting the machine back into a treadle. That is actually one of the appeals for me to THIS machine! I can use it now and know that it was/is a treadle at heart :)

I HOPE it really looks as good as the picture shows it. The woman said she has never ran it. It belonged to an Uncle who put the motor and light on, he gave it to her and she's had it for about 20 yrs.