View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:01 AM
debbieumphress

This is a recipe from my mom from way back but it is so good. You have to try it at least once..

Ingredients.
One package corn tortillas
One stick of butter
One lb hambuger meat
One package cheddar cheese - already cut
One can Chopped black olives
One can Enchilada Red Sauce
One onion...chopped

Brown the hamburger meat and when it is done, add the onions and black olives and stir together. Set aside in a bowl.

Put the stick of butter in a skillet and heat, then cook each enchilada in it and place on papertowels. This softens the tortilla, just put it inthe butter, turn it over and take it out.

You need a round cooking bowl at least as round as the tortilla.

Preheat overn to 375.

Pour enchilada sauce into a bowl.

Here we go to put it together..

Dip a tortilla in the sauce, lay it on the bottom of the round bowl, add a layer of meat/onions/and olives.
Sprinkle a layer of cheese

Dip another tortilla in sauce and place on this layer

Add more met mixture. Continue layering until it is all gone and then top with a tortilla dipped in the sauce.

I sprinkle cheese on the top if there's any left.

Then put a foil over the top, put in oven and bake for 30 minutes. It is enough time to melt if all together.

When it comes out and ready to serve, you cut it like a pie wedge and when you lay it on a plate, it lays over and you can see all the layers.

Of course, there is always the exception, but I haven't fixed this for anyone who did not want the recipe to have more.

No sense buying a round baking bowl, you can use one of the cake pans and just layer the tortilas spread out in each layer. WOrks the same just won't lay over like a pie. LOL
Enjoy....