View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by craftyone27
I have a request for you ladies. I have been trying to read my way through this whole 110 page thread, and it is slow going. Lots of chat in between tuts and suggestions. I remember seeing someone advise making a page on your own profile to list where the tuts are. I have done this but have only come across 2 tuts in the first 52 pages. If anyone has a complete list of what pages the tuts are on and could PM it to me that would be awesome.
Also I have a question - which probably has been addressed in the thread but I just haven't come across it yet. What transfer method are the more experienced folks using? The method described in the AOTH book seems antiquated and way more work than needs to be done. Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated!
TIA everyone!!
You can check my lists for where I have posted pics etc., and mostly I have been putting pics of each block on its designated thread (to find them, go down to the bottom of the pace and click on Topic Lists, then on the AOTH listing - they are all together there.

I am using a Sewline retractible pencil for transfering the design ( I actually have two, one with white leads, and the other with a grey lead, because I lost one and replaced it then found the original - I believe they now do one that has three colours in the one pencil). The point is that they actually keep their fine line throughout. I do also have a light box, but others are taping to the window, and one person (Patti?) came up with the idea of a large square ruler balanced on two chairs, with a table lamp underneath, and of course, a glass topped coffee table would also work well. All of these suggestions will work with Kona black cotton (I was surprised about that but it truly does). I hope that helps, and we are always here to try and answer questions.