View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:57 PM
greenini

Today's schedule: Oversleep. Couldn't get to sleep last night till 1 AM, so I slept till 9:30. Got up. Had tea, read paper. Took up list I made at 1 last night. Finish SP box. Close up box for my SIL and address. Box up books to mail and address. Needed to get my wallet out, leave wallet on dining room table. Wait for DH to get home from nursing home where he helps with lunch, 2 PM. Grab my carefully wrapped and toted packages that are sealed. Grab open box for SP, it's going to Canada, so I leave it open in case it needs to be inspected. Bring tape, notebook, list, purse without WALLET. Bring checkbook where I happen to keep $40 for emergencies. Get in 6 person line at PO, rummage for wallet, realize it's at home, no credit card or $, realize I still have the $40 extra. Get to front of line. Have filled out wrong custom form while I was in line. Naturally! If I'd been smart I'd have filled out both. Clerk weighs it, hands me correct custom form, shoos me to empty place where there used to be a clerk when the PO had enough personnel. Fill out custom form, try to count pieces of fabric, estimate worth, count notions, estimate worth (is sewing notions detailed enough or will I get the package back from Canada as not specific enough :lol:) , count candy, estimate worth. Person next to me at the open window is done so I motion to the clerk and she takes me next. I have not done an address label either, so after I pay I have to seal the package up and write the label and give it back to the clerk. Give her 2 of the 5 other other packages, get change from my $40. Go home, get wallet, get yelled at my DH who is trying to install memory in computer..don't bother me I'm busy leave already :) , so I leave without my 2nd kiss.

Back to the PO to mail the other parcels, go to the bank, get $, replace my emergency money....come home, collapse on bed with cat......

Canadian SP your parcel is on it's way as of 3:15 PM EDT :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: