Old 10-03-2007, 01:38 AM
patricej
Administrator

1. I LOVE the blocks done so far!!!

2. curved piecing can be annoying because the two pieces going together don't seem to be the same size. (pun intended!!! HAHA!! :mrgreen: )

however, if you mark the midpoint on each piece then ... say ... the "quarter point" of each seam, then start by pinning the ends, then those three interim points, it's a lot easier to ease the rest into place and pin.

you don't need any special tools to mark the points if they aren't included in the pattern. just fold the pieces in half, then in half again. finger press little bitty creases at the join points and line them up. you might consider using the biggest stitch your machine makes to do the first one or two. that way, if you aren't completely satisfied you can figure out what went wrong and remove the stitching in a few seconds to try again.

by the time you're halfway through this block you'll wonder why you ever worried. it's like most other things. if you've convinced yourself you can't, you won't be able to. start by saying I KNOW I CAN. and you will. :P

if, in the end, it's more bother than fun, do it ShellyQ's way. in the first place, a good lookin' block is a good lookin' block. who cares if you pieced or appliqued? in the second place, we'll never know the difference unless you tell us. either way, the drunk will still have his fun. :P :lol: