Old 04-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Treasureit

My husband and I are staying at a hotel with our 2 dogs, both 15 yrs old (dogs not us) while our house is being tented for termites.

One of the dogs paced and whined all night until I gave her a little piece of one of my sleeping pills at midnight. She slept until 4am. And my husband has to go to work - so we are both tired.

Then I am taking both dogs outside for a morning potty trip and we get on the elevator along with a couple other people. They push the up button before I pushed down - so up we went to the top floor. They get off and just before the door shuts my dog follows and the doors won't open. I have one of those leashes that has the line wound up inside so I scream, but the elevator is now going down and I am still holding the leash. It rips out of my hand and flies to the top of the door. I reach the bottom floor and am in panic mode and push every button on the elevator. I go back up and it stops at a different floor, but I don't know that and am yelling at the people standing there where is my dog... help my dog. Now I have the leash with just an empty string hanging there.

I told them I had to go up to the 5th floor and so I did. I reached the floor and the lady, who had ridden the elevator with us was there holding on to my dog. She saw what was happening and disconnected the leash! I am so thankful for her!