Old 04-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Barb44

I just got back from an auction where I bought a Victor treadle sewing machine for $20. The label on the machine reads "Victor Sewing Machine Co. Middletown, Conn." There is no number on it except a 4 on the post above the bobbin wider. It has a straight bobbin.

I searched the net for info. ISMACS is the only place that had a shred of info. The company only existed from 1876 to 1890. So this machine is really old. And it is in bad shape. A lot of rust on the metal legs, drawers are off and parts of the veneer on the cabinet is loose. The wheel only moves slightly. I think it is the shaft/bar underneath from the wheel to the bobbin that is frozen. And the cover box is in pieces. It's a challenge.

There is probably info on this thread about restoring machines that would help me, but going through 933 pages is daunting. I am anxious to get it working. DH now has a project. LOL

Does anyone know anything else about this machine?

My mother had a Singer treadle model 127. One of the dumbest things I've done is sell that machine. It sewed so well.