View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:53 PM
wordpaintervs

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Originally Posted by sammygirlqt
Bless you Vicky, you are making a wonderful gift for these suffering children. I can just imagin how they love them and talk to them. I made dolls for many years and sold them at craft fairs. The kids loved them better than cabbage patch. I am going to check with our treatment center to see if they do this here.
I bet the dolls were cute that you made. I put as much love into making these dolls as I can, even praying as I work, that they will comfort children in need, whatever that need is. Thanks for your reply.
For some reason, I almost immediately made another doll for a child with cancer anf finished it early this afternoon. I had my hubby take a picture of it so I could post it here. In the meantime, I took the picture and sent it to a Christian forum, which I had never posted a pic of my dolls pn before. Within moments a lady wrote me asking if I would sell her my doll. She had a 2 year old cousin who is so sick she looks 7 months old. She gets trasnfusions every 3 weeks, and IF she lives to be 3 years old will need a new heart and liver. She wanted to buy the doll as a surprise for this little girl. Hubby and I talked it over and decided the little girl named Georgia needed that doll I just finished, so as soon as I get the address, we will get the doll boxed up and mailed off to her, hoping that it will bring comfort to her life. I for one will be praying for all concerned in this little ones life and her as well. I jsut wanted to share the story and with the pictures, you will now have the REST OF THE STORY.

Thank you. This is a two in one flip doll...2 heads and 4 arms. Enjoy her picture. She is about 21 inches tall.

Vickey Stamps
Attached Thumbnails attachment-183512.jpe   attachment-183513.jpe