View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 11:40 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilter1962
K

Many thanks for posting the beautiful pics, whereabouts in Holland was the show. I keep thinking of nipping over to see some of their lovely works of art.
Do you know of any retreats in Holland?

Tisha
Hi Tisha, It was up in Leeuwarden in Friesland - it's on til the 29th March so if you get a wriggle on you could still make it! If you do go, check out the fabric fairs http://www.stoffenspektakel.nl/index...b4ca65b34f2ea7 sorry, it's in every language EXCEPT English - hope you can work it out, at least dates are the same! No I don't know of any retreats but some lovely shops - Petra Prins in Zutphen, Den Haan & Wagenmaakers in Amsterdam - www.dutchquilts.com , De Quilterij in Den Bosch (also known as s'Hertogenbosch - think it's a dutch joke to give the same town 2 names - confuse the hell out of foreignors! :lol: ) These are just a few.

If you want any more info or help with googling in Dutch, just PM me - my DH is Dutch so I can rope him in for translation duty, I only know the most important words (like for example 'stoffen' is 'fabric' and 'winkel' is shop! :D :wink: )

K x