View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
k3n-

the quilts with the teeny patches are amazing. i have never had the patience to do work that small. and there is a definite difference in color sense between american and european quilts, don't you think? different cultures produce such different color tastes.

and i thank you for your kind words.
Kind words are the least I can give you!

Yes, those patches were teeny - that's why I put my finger there to give a sense of scale (and my fingers are not that fat!!! :wink: ) It looks like they were pieced over papers cos you could see the oversewing stitches on the front; I'd love to try it one day if I REALLY feel like a challenge!

The different styles ARE interesting, Dutch is a lot of reds, blues and whites which i love, here in France, the French ladies in my quilt group use a lot of either REALLY bright colours like lime green and orange (NOT me at all!) or more old-fashioned prints; I think my style is more traditonal American pioneerish, I just love all those old quilts and repro fabrics, and all the history around the block patterns, beautiful! (Although the Dutch are very quick to point out that all those old American quilters came originally from Europe - Amish is an obvious example! :wink: )

K x