Old 04-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Ohio Star Quilter

Irishrose,
I have a Necchi BU Mira. On the top of the machine you'll find metal circles, those are you're oil ports. They are designed with ball bearings on springs to keep dust out. What you do to oil it is take something to slightly depress the center and put a couple drops of oil in each. Take the faceplate off and oil in there too. Anywhere else oil where metal moves against metal. Necchis are designed with such fine clearance that they bind up easily. Mine was totally frozen up when I got it.
There is a Yahoo group Necchi sewing machine club that you can join which is only for Necchis made in Italy which I'm sure yours is because it has the older style logo on it. They have lots of files and manuals on the various models.
On page 833 you'll see before and after pictures of my Necchi.
Judy

Originally Posted by irishrose
I played with the 'new' Necchi (page 932) this morning. The tension was way off, but I got it. How do I oil it? It's very stiff and there are no oil ports and only one obvious screw to remove - it's on the faceplate. I'm a little puzzled. I need to lubricate the knee pedal, too. It's stiff, too, but I do like sewing with one.