Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 AM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by GrammaBabs
WOW is this going to the top of my list.... it' good to see that other people like to "do their own thing",,, but even better to have them SHARE.... you've given something i love to do.. (grab and sew then cut up again any size pieces)... and given it "structure".... thank you so much.......i have a home sewing space that is like "the home for little wandering fabric pieces"... people know i can't bare to part or throw out... (just thru a bag in there not 1/2hr. ago from a buddy...LOL)... anywhooooooo
Thank you again... it's a super project and better explained that most any "books" people buy...hugs Barbara
Wow! Hugs to you {{{{Barbara}}}! What a nice compliment! It's great to sew, cut up and then re-sew it all again! haha. I'm like you.....I can't bear to even throw out 1/4" of fabric! One time I was lacking 3/16" of a fabric in a mini I was working on! See how important those real tiny pieces are, y'all???? haha. Don't y'all dare throw ANY scraps away! Well, I just had to streamline that RRK block for everyone! I had to eliminate that 2nd template and I sure couldn't stand having no room left to adequately join those corner points! So it was time for an improved design on that block! I posted this last portion of pics so I could help others to see how we need to balance what we do with the rest of the quilt. I hope they'll see I gave the mini an updated look by chopping away at the border. I just introduced 'balance' to the mini by doing that. Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I hope that I've taught well and hopefully someone will learn something from what I do or it's all pointless. I'm so glad for the opportunity to share also. There are so many talented people here that we wish they would share more with us! Thanks again! I'm looking forward to seeing those pieces of art of yours that have brought order out of chaos! haha. All those little scraps look like chaos sometimes but we know how to control it and hopefully turn it into something eyepleasing. That's why we're all here! Be sure and post pics of your lovelies and PM me so I don't miss it! hugs! n2! :thumbup: