View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:39 AM
zyxquilts

Here's the whole story.... Starting with the not-so-fun part (but there is a happy ending) One of my friends had a terrible accident with one of her horses & had to be flown by helicopter to the hospital, back in May. After a surgery & 6-day stay, she has pins & plates & bolts in her arm, all that fun stuff. ICK! Anyway, the insurance co. told her that since her hospital was not on their "list", they would only pay 50%. OUCH! :evil: They also cut her off at only 20 physical therapy sessions. She needed at least one more surgery, for a bone graft, but since they were still insisting they would only pay 50%, she couldn't afford to do it. When she told me that, I found a card on my Hallmark program that said on the front: "Sometimes you just need someone to listen." and inside : "Sometimes you need someone with special voodoo knowledge & a doll!". Almost as soon as I put it in the mail for her, I got a new email, telling me that the insurance company NOW realizes that there IS NO HOSPITAL within in 30 miles of her zip code that IS on their "list", so she WILL be covered correctly after all! Woohoo!! (She had the bone graft last Friday, and is expected to make a full recovery)
I just thought it would be funny to send her a doll, just to make her laugh!
And no, Miranda, I didn't add anything to it, just sent it plain & told her to add her own pins! LOL
You know, just one of those silly cheer-you-up things you can do with someone you've been friends with since the 4th grade!!!
A couple of friends in my quilt class last night said that they both have "dammit" dolls (see what bj9patch said) & both of them have had to 'rebuild' them! I remember my stepdad had one, but on his, the head, arms & legs were all velcroed on, so you really could pull it apart....but I wasn't that ambitious. :wink:
Like I said, it's just for fun! :D :D :D