View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
roselady

I have a Bernina 910 that I bought new in 1986. I have loved it every day since the first day I sewed on it. I have only had to have her cleaned, in all these years. I can use any kind of thread in it, no tension issues, very smooth running, beautiful stitches.So far I have only played around with free motion quilting, but the stitches are great, none of the loops and eyelash issues I read about, I just drop the feed dogs, change to a darning foot and go to it, I need practice to get my stitches even but the machine is doing her part perfectly! I sometimes get caught up in "machine envy" when reading here about some of the fancy new machines and all their bells and whistles, and start thinking about getting a new machine, but I would never get rid of this machine, and so which one would I use? I also recently was given a FW, it is wonderful for taking to classes or anytime I need to take a machine with me. The Bernina is all metal and very heavy, it is also in a cabinet, so not real easy to take out. I love both of my machines.