View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 09:04 PM
TonnieLoree

Originally Posted by carhop
Originally Posted by nativetexan
hmmmm, thanks. so far i've taken my scissors and run the blade edge over the spool cap area and smoothed it that way. I hate those notches.
all you have to do is turn the spool over put the notch at the bottom and that plumbers tape it toxic
Just to add to your post. If you put the notch on the bottom the thread will come off the spool clockwise. Big deal some say? By coming off the spool in that direction, the spinning action of the spool is tightening the spindle. I don't know if anyone has ever been sewing a hundred miles an hour and all of a sudden your spool and spindle become dangerous projectiles. You might wonder what just happened as well as adding a few well rehearsed bad words. As you were sewing, the spinning action of the spool was now unscrewing the spindle. In another post someone had said that all spools are wound that way. I agree. When you are done with that spool, you still have the notch to secure the end into, unless you like that tangled mess that festers when more than one spool is left unharnessed and they decide to have a dance. :lol: