View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 09:47 PM
mudsprite

I guess Babylock is my favorite machine. I have a 7570 and featherweight and 301, but Babylock motors sold me. I will take my 301 (big sister to Featherweight) slant needle, direct drive and it uses the same accessories as the FW!

The Babylock is the most user friendly to my mind and has consistant stitches. Almost everyone is my quilt group has bought the Decorators Choice for class and many have Janome and Vikings.

I want thread cutter, up down, needle threader, etc on my machines anymore.

The most important thing is that you go sit and sew at these different machines. Listen to motors, look at ease of use.
Know what you will be using the machine for. Babylocks are not cheap, but it is my understanding, and I could be wrong however I have been told that Brothers are made in the same factory. The specs are probably different but if I bought a Brother I would make sure I had a place that could work on the machine instead of sending it off somewhere.

NO Way would I buy a Singer, tho some do. They are not made by Singer.

Try them, see what you like, don't be afraid to go back to shops again and again. Bring your own fabric to see how machine goes over seam intersections, etc, instead of little scraps they have for sewing in the shops.

Find out about sales, warranty, reconditioned by your local shop or new on Ebay or post a notice once you find the machine you love in wanteds.
Very best of luck.