View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Katy

I have one much like your black one and based on the serial # on it we found it was manufactured in 1951.I inherited along with a Ellegante, a serger, a gem, and all of my bestest quilty friends quilting stash and tools when she went to heaven in 2009. So unlike yours it had been in her family always so I know it's history and it makes me feel like I have a connection to her past. Lynda was 15 years older than me. It was her younger sister's 8th birthday present. When her younger sister married she wanted something more modern and was going to buy store made items anyway so she sold it to Lynda. When she was diagnosed with cancer she gave it to me so there would be no argument about where it should go. But before that she had told me about making curtains for her first house on it and children's clothes and dresses made. Your machine's probably have a rich past like that as well. I am sure she would be happy if she knew I was using it but I have not used it much. Guess I better take it off my bedroom shelf where it sits to be cute and sew something on it. Thanks for the inspiration.