View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 12:33 AM
patricej
Administrator

the rules states "Please get permission from PatriceJ before posting a suggestion for an activity or before posting the announcement, opening rules and other information."

sooooo this topic is a boo-boo and would normally be deleted.

my purpose for responding instead is NOT to pubicly embarrass true4uca. we all make mistakes and this one is not a huge deal. rather, i'm just taking the opportunity to explain the reason for the rule.

when members "fish" for swaps by posting suggestions or inquiries, they tend to get a lot of people very excited. anticipation builds and the expectation is created that the swap will actually happen.

if the suggestion doesn't attract a volunteer to host a swap, it won't happen and everybody is disappointed.

if the suggestor was considering being the host but changes her mind, the swap doesn't happen and everybody is disappointed.

sooooooo, unless a member is willing to make the commitment to host, she/he should not mention it at all.

and, if she/he is, or might be, willing to host it's important to discuss the details with me privately first so that any change of heart happens behind the scenes. the potential host can change her mind, walk away from the idea with no problem or drama, and there's no danger of disappointment in the community.