View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

I was the one that bought the David Textiles and picked up a different pattern. The one I picked up has butterflies appliqued and is a more of a child's quilt. I don't think she was saying it was. I passed on this fabric because it was not David Textile but the colors and pattern are sure pretty. I make many childrens quilts or quilts that will be used but are not heirloom and I do think some of the Walmart fabrics are a good option for those quilts else it all becomes unaffordable. I paid $2.79 a a yard for the David Textiles at our Walmart.

http://www.aenathan.com/index.php?tmpl=quiltofthemonth

Link to Walmart free patterns.

Originally Posted by jimsjunque
Those fabrics are not David Textiles. They are from the other Walmart quilt of the month program. David Textiles fabric seems to be a better quality. I used to purchase alot of those fabrics to make the quilt of the month; but the quality of fabric just didn't seem to be there anymore. Had a difficult time trying to decide if it would be worth my time making the quilt. Many of the latter fabrics frayed heavily during handling.I love the piecing of the quilting process; so some I bought just because the pattern and the fabric design were just too hard for me to resist. I really don't believe that it will be a quality quilt.In Wisc., we have had the Walmart quilt of the month for several years now and I have made about 10 tops or so; only 2 are totally finished . In the closet are several more bags containing pattern and fabric. Another quilter somewhere said 'you should not be afraid to use David Textiles ' .She had washed , cut and sewed with them; and they held up nicely . I have enjoyed sewing those tops and still do eagerly make plans monthly to pick up the two free patterns at Walmart.