View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 10:57 AM
maryb44662

Originally Posted by Prism99
I love my Bernina 1230 and would buy it again. What I like about it -- always reliable and ready to sew, no tension problems ever, "hums" softly while it works, has needle/down, easy to adjust stitch length and stitch width, etc.

There are some additional features I'd like, such as auto-cutting of thread, a better memory, default to the last setting I put on the machine (rather than the preset factory setting), but I can live without all of those things as long as my baby remains so responsive to my every whim.......

I particularly like the sound of my machine. It's soothing!
Hi, I have the 1260 bernina and just love it. I like all the things you mentioned as well as the knee lift for the pressure foot. I don't think I could ever get use to the manual lift (hand) again. Mine is at least 20 years old, never had it in the shop, but I keep it well maintained all the time, frequent cleaning and oiling. The light on mine played out, replaced the bulb a couple of times, so the problem must be in the switch area. I just use an arm lamp behind it and it works fine. Like you said, as long as I hear that humming sound, I am fine....Mary