View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 12:25 PM
coachmatthewsvhs

Originally Posted by Pat-w
Originally Posted by coachmatthewsvhs
Originally Posted by coachmatthewsvhs
Originally Posted by Pat-w
Cool.....I just discover that I have my mother-in-laws Feather Weight. It's DOB is 1941. I also have the card table that has a drop-down for the machine to set into. So I'm very excited also. Need to take photos and post them. You should post yours also. I'd like to see it.

Enjoy!!!
need to clean it first... it has been collecting dust (also in it's wood cabinet that has a drop down) for nearly 20 years. It's embarrassing how many cobwebs are in there. I'll clean it this weekend and post!

Here it is Pat!!!
Beautiful machine. You're lucky to have your Mom's Singer. My Mom's was given away long ago. It was in a cabinet also.

Are you sure it is a featherweight though? Yours looks like it is in a cabinet, and you said it has a knee peddle. Featherweights unusally have foot peddles...I think?

I'm posting a photo of mine. DOB April 1, 1941. Featherweights only weigh about 11 lbs. Black surface left of needle flips up to store in carrier box. I was lucky my MIL did keep her machine. Now I have a featherweight of my very own!

Still haven't cleaned it up. Someone said to clean the machine with Liquid Gold.
I'd say mine is full size.... sure weighs more than 11 pounds .....I think. Took it to the repairman today. He says it's in great shape, not a lot of use. No nicks on the hand wheel or wear on the decals in front of the needle. Also the dogs are fairly sjarp. 2 weeks and I'll have it back! Your feather weight is beautiful!! Have you sewn with it yet?