View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 PM
gramma mo

Well, now that I have my sewing room cleaned up, and may not do THAT again for awhile, I thought I'd share pictures. Since we have a 4 bedroom house, I get a WHOLE room for my office/sewing room. In about a month I won't need an office because I'm dissolving my home business. I'll have filing cabinet space for patterns and projects. The computer will be for the quilting board! This used to be my son's room, and then my daughter moved into it when he left home because of the big closet. The paisley wallpaper went on about 16 or 17 years ago for her - and I left it because it reminds me of my youth I guess! My DH (I'm hoping that means something positive, cause I'm new at this) is a retired building contractor, so he did a wonderful job making a counter for me out of 2 hollow core doors. He built a nice window seat for me so I can keep my books underneath. I've had this room for several years now, but the addition of the white cabinets is new - they came out of my daughter's hallway. The cutting/pressing table used to be the check out counter at my niece's shop (np3's daughter) It's a perfect size and has good storage underneath. The little storage chest was in the garage for years. I painted it and added labels on the drawers for notions and stuff. I JUST added the thread holder on the wall, too - I LOVE it! That's about it - it's pretty cozy in here.

My counters are made from two doors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184457[/ATTACH]

The picture over the computer is a map of quilt shops in CA and the picture over the cutting table is a puzzle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184458[/ATTACH]

I made picture labels on these drawers for notions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184459[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-184451.jpe   attachment-184452.jpe   attachment-184453.jpe