Thread: baby quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:22 AM
sewbusy

Originally Posted by quilter1962
Sew

How sweet is that, such a lovely gift for your new treasure. :D
I've seen the fabric you used for the backing is it fleece? I keep wondering whether to buy some for my eldest son's girlfriends sister who is due her first baby in July.
Hope I manage to do such a good a job as your daughter has when I adventually attempt FM. Tell her well done from me.

Thank you Tisha for your kind comments, the backing fabric is flannel (a soft napped fabric) I use it for most of the baby quilts. Fleece is also soft and great to feel, I have some in my stash, but it stretches so much that I have been uneasy to use it. Although, I helped my friend machine quilt one and it turned out just fine.

I do not use a home machine to quilt, but a very old professional set-up, my neighbor has it in her garage and she lets me use it anytime I want, I really love to quilt so usually I try to help her with her quilting.

You do such lovely work that I am sure that your baby quilt will turn out wondrrful. Good quilting Sewbusy

Guess I didn't know how to use the quote feature on this, I put my comments into yours I am still learning this stuff.

Tisha