View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 10:46 AM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Here is a website that has a video and different sizes of the die cut machines. I got the Go! portable one. The dies come in basic sizes and in every shape. One die may have several shapes but if I only want one shape I put the fabric over that one shape about 1/2 bigger then the size of the shape. I have the 2 1/2 strip cutter and it cuts strips the length of your fabric, just like rotary cutting. I haven't found any quilt pattern that I can't cut using the die cut machine. The Studio model has more die shapes but it's bigger and more for quilt shops. New dies are coming out several times a year for the Go portable model. It may be expensive but the value is what is important to me. I can enjoy my quilting for years to come using the die cut machine. It only takes minutes to have perfect cuts for a whole quilt top and no pain.
My husband asked me why I was carrying around that portable typewriter all the time now. I explained it was a fabric cutting machine for quilting but as soon as I said quilting his eyes glazed over and he went deaf.

:roll:

http://accuquilt.com/