Old 04-15-2011, 02:10 PM
barnbum

Originally Posted by MTS
Ok, again, LOVE the vortex.

However, that quilting - you sent that out?

I could have done more with it and I don't FMQ.

It's not that it looks horrible, but that's like the LAZIEST job of LAQ-ing I've seen. Ever.

I hope you didn't pay much. How big is it?

That's the kind of job I'd expect from some of those ads in the back of QNM. "King size quilt for $35."

I just found my first quilt - a king size TATW disaster. That's appropriate quilting for it.

Again, it has nothing to do with your lovely pieced top. As usual, the fabric selection is fabulous.

I would have left it there and made her do more or do it over. :roll:
It's about 61 by 45--her measurements. It was $65. She's really a terrific quilter... but didn't apply that to this one. I would have quilted it myself if I thought it'd be this simply done. She mentioned that she put a border in and didn't like it so tore it out and redid it. I don't like the border design.

I guess what it is is I have nearly every quilt of mine done with an overall design. I like them. But, this is only the third top I've made where I felt custom quilting was in order. The same quilter did both those other pieces--and they were amazing. I was expecting amazing for this one...and just didn't get it.

There was a shop hop, and the bargello was displayed on the long arm--and they sold a few books with the design. I had to call to see if it was done... and they were teasing that they'd like to keep it there for a few more days. But, I wanted to get it ready for the show. The ladies there will love it.

I might sell it... I'm just not attached to it like the simpler floral one I did.