Old 04-15-2011, 03:59 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I have a question about my 1975 Bernina 830 (tons cheaper than the current Bernina 830!). Yesterday I was merrily quilting along and my machine stopped running. As usual I reached down to push the plug back into the foot pedal. When I picked it up I notice it was very hot. I mean really hot. Put the pedal on the floor again and went to sew... no dice! She ain't moving.

The light on the machine remained on so I am pretty sure the problem lies with the foot pedal. But, what would cause it to heat up like that and why won't it move?
Sewextreme, can you sew manually - I mean can you just turn the hand wheel and nothing is frozen - it sews freely?

Did you try plugging something else into the plugin that your machine was plugged into to make sure that wall socket is ok?

Is the cord that goes to your foot pedal broken/cracked like maybe something is wrong there?

I am just throwing things out - you have probably tried all this so it is probably in your foot pedal. It would be nice if you had another foot pedal to try on your machine - then you'd know!

Nancy