View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 04:31 PM
wanderingcreek

Yesterday I posted about an ad I saw for a sewing machine and thought it was a featherweight. Many of you told me it was and told me to run and get it. Well, I picked her up today and she is now mine and she has the Centennial Emblem. She is very pretty and runs nicely. My 6 yr old DGS thinks we should name her Baby as she is the smallest of my machines and the baby of the family. He wants to know when he can try sewing on her as he thinks she is just the right size for him! I looked up her serial number and it says she was born Feb 18, 1949 and I also read that it is not unusual to find Centennial models dated 1948, 1949 and 1950. There are 3 other feet that came with her, 4 more metal bobbins, some plastic bobbins and a bunch of thread. The case is in pretty good shape too. She is a little dusty so I want to clean her and then oil and lubricate her up and then put her to work. I can't believe how lucky I was with this one! I used to be in ignrant bliss about Featherweights but with all the talk about them here, I knew I had to have one and now I do!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-184768.jpe   attachment-184769.jpe   attachment-184770.jpe   attachment-184771.jpe