View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
monica4patience

I put a deposit down on a new sewing machine today. I was planning on getting the 440 QE but the Artista 630 was a better deal with more features and it included the BSR (stitch regulator). I'm not planning on getting the embroidery stuff as it was an extra $1000 and that's not really what I wanted right now.

Does anyone have this machine? Do you like it? I liked that you could use a USB for adding embroidery designs rather than hooking the computer up to the 440QE. It has a better screen and many more stitches. Did I make a good choice?

I had ordered a book that helps you figure out what sewing machine to purchase and how to test drive a machine. The book never arrived although I did find an article that listed some things to do. But by the time I finally found some time to go over to the store, I had forgotten all of what I was supposed to do!!! So I just had the sales woman do her thing. Both machines are so far more advanced than my little Viking Romeo that I wouldn't really be able to test machines without lots of time spent practicing. I guess I'll just do that at home once I fininsh paying for it and bring it home.

Please tell me I didn't make a rash decision! I'm eager to pick it up and try it out.

~Monica