View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 06:45 PM
SundarKoyal

Originally Posted by Bev
I knew as soon as I had written my post that a lot of members would talk about making one yourself. And I really have made quite a few templates in my time. But I just love buying the nice thick ones that last for many years and don't get worn at the edges or cut easily by the rotary blade. I'm also a bit of a ruler nut. There's just no hope for me. I collect rulers as though they were going to disappear from the stores any day now. I agree there's nothing more economical than making one yourself. But I still love this tumbler template. Sorry ... I don't mean to be argumentative. 8-)
I actually agree with you, now that I think about it. Because I am not sure that i could make one that is as accurate. I have tried making templates before but they never quite turned out as well as the thicker store bought ones, and usually they did not last as long either. Making my own might be a very temporary fix, but like you... I think I will hold off and buy the template when I can get one cheap and have a few bucks on me.