View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Terryl

Hi everyone, let's all stand up and do the " happy dance", one of my clients (I own a small hair salon) saw the quilt last week and said "I'll buy it" when I pointed out to her that she didn't even know how much we wanted for the quilt, she just shrugged and said "When you love something it doesn't matter what it cost". I said we had a couple of things left to do to the quilt then she could have it, (we needed to clip the threads, and wash it). The proud new owner, Tena, lives in Ottawa, Canada. The quilt will go home to Canada with her next year, she took it to her home in Florida and put it on her guest room bed. Marci was awesome working with on the quilt, it's her long arm we quilted on, Gensquilts (Genny) did the binding and had it back to us within 36 hours. Genny did a fabulous job on the binding, I wish the photos (to follow) showed all the detail, but hopefully you can see most of what we did. Each block was a different pattern, the sashing was hearts, the borders were a spiral, that actually look like tractor tires rolling. I'm very please with that, Marci put spokes in the red tractor tires, it looks really good. The rooster, hen, and sun bonnet Sues are all echo quilted, really makes those blocks POP. It was a true honor to be trusted with the quilting of this special quilt, and a pleasure to just be a participant in this endeaver. I am ecstatic with the amount raised to be donated for breast cancer research. Thank you everyone for your hard work and for allowing me to quilt your masterpiece.