Thread: EQ 6 ???
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by peel
quiltcrazy,
it's me again, i forgot something i really like. I can try out several different color combinations with the push of a couple of keys. Very easily replaces graph paper and colored pencils, etc. I use the fabrics that are in the software as an approximation of the color and shade i want i.e. light green, yellow green or dark green in a particular place.

You can see I love it. I've planned one quilt, and parts of several other quilts and am in the midst of planning another one now.

peel
wow, this sounds great. I can't buy the software right now, but until I can, is there a website you reccommend so I can get more of a visual idea. Your explanation is very good. I just want to be sure, that not only is it not going to be too complex for me, but my computer, believe it or not, bought it over the phone from the company that made my last computer. Was talking to tech support and we decided it had bit the dust. My brother is a computer wizard and was here. he thought this computer sounded good so I ordered it. It did not come with speakers and does not have a place to hook them up. No joke. So most videos will not play even visual for me.
I am very, very interested in this. If I had to buy it out right, what is a usual price. I don't buy kits, and so far, looks like I will be designing most of my stuff myself, or redoing somebody else's stuff. I am just wired that way...tweak it, until I love it, not just, sigh, like it.
There has to be love for me to make that much of a committment, lol!!!
Thanks big time for all your help, it's great. :D