View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hi Jacqui, I did the same thing about 6 months ago. It just keeps getting worse and worse.
I didn't even know about the FVF for postage- that's more than crazy!!!
Ebay used to be fun.
I still love to buy fabric and other stuff but I always feel for the sellers!
yep so now you pay ebay and paypal for money that only the Post office will get, how is that right...
especially when ebay MAKES you add handling costs into the shipping..per last years big CHANGES....

THe last 6 months I was doing good to sell brand new books at cost, and notions were hardly worth the time any more, by the time I paid the NEW upgraded store fee of $50 month, then the fees to list, then the fees for final value, then the paypal fees, and postage for those that fell short, and insurance on the package, I came out with NADA for profit!

I thought I would miss it, but I have been scaling things back and I do miss my customers...dearly...but, I do not miss the Unfair feedback ratings, the stupid DSR's, the massive fees(which came to over $500 a month), or the constant, sitting at the computer to deal with it all...

I am going sell somethings off in lots as auctions this summer, but for the most part...I am so over ebay....