View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Xylie55

Well,don't know what this diet is.But 3 1/2 yrs ago,my hubby who is 84 now,had a psycotic episode where he ended up in a nursing home for over a month.To make a long story short,we started eating TV dinners with a salad after he got out.I've lost 90 lbs and went from 250 to 160 lbs now.Both of our blood work for 3 1/2 yrs have been spot on,where before we had to eat rocks practically for sodium,colorestrol,you name it.Now mine is perfect,and his is so low,they cut the pill in half.So,I think it's portion control,and NO left overs!But obviously very nutritional.Plus it's CHEAP!!!!We split one hungry man dinner and get a bag of salad out and there's dinner.That's $2.00 a plate.Breakfast the same.Walmart breakfasts ,with a bag (3) of pancakes and coffe.Low calories and filling,costs $2.00 for breakfasts.So we eat on $4.00 a day each for groceries!.That's $8.00 a day total.About $240.00 a month.I can't heat the stove or cook it for that.Let alone buy groceries,man their high!.Takes less than 10 min in the microwave.So does leave more time for scooter riding,and quilting!My grandma always said our stomach is the size of your fist or 2 cups maybe.And to "listen" to your body.It tells you when your sleepy,go to bed!It tells you when your full or have had enough to eat,"after the 1st big breath after about 3 to 4 bites or what ever it is for you.Mine is a lot less than it was,but I was taught to clean my plate up.Not no more,I "listen" to my body now,and quit eating when I reach that spot.The rest goes (if there is any) in the trash.If you do get hungry,eat a bowl of salad,or a cup of cup a soup with some crackers.Just keep the total Daily calories to under 1000.Easy on these dinners,with room to spare for salad,or cup o soup's.But no more than a 1000. pr day.An I eat no bread.My hubby tho,does.And I use PAM {walmats brand}butter flavored pam for toast and pancakes and everything.No butter!Good luck.It's worked for me,and I haven't starved which is the beauty part.Oh,and 1 more thing.I do buy snack puddings,as they are filling too.Just limit to no more than 4 a day.And if you like ice cream,put the puddings in a cone with some cool whip on top.And pretend it's ice cream,freeze them {pudding pops}!Maybe in between meals.I've lost 90 lbs doing this.Good luck