View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 09:44 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I too love quilt books. I think a good one is Quilts! Quilts!! Quilts!!! by Diana McClun and Laura Nownes. It has instructions for tons of different quilts and in the back there is a self paced course for making a sampler and templates if you prefer that method of cutting and cutting directions for rotary cutting too. All quilts give fabric requirements, templates and rotary directions from crib to king. Some of the blocks in the book have instructions for different sizes and all the quilts pictured give you dimensions of the block so you can pick and choose the ones you want by size. I have made several quilts with this book and there are big beautiful color pictures of every quilt in the book. Some of the instructions aren't step by step because I think they are assuming you know but there are lots of tips and tricks in it.

Another one I like a lot is 101 fabulous rotary cut quilts by Judy Hopkins and Nancy Martin. Yes there are 101 quilts in this book and each one has a full page color picture. This book has diagrams for block assembly which I like because I often construct the block differently then they recommend. Again, block sizes are given for each quilt pictured so you can pick and choose to make your sampler. I have also made a quilt out of this book that I pictured below.

I look through these books quite often.

Kitties dancing with the stars at show
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185129[/ATTACH]

Kitties dancing before being quilted, more true to the actual colors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185130[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-185123.jpe   attachment-185124.jpe