Old 04-16-2011, 04:00 PM
karenm36

Originally Posted by tellabella
In looking at it again...I see you make a flying geese unit...if the instructions were to make 2 1/2 triangles instead...then you would have had to make an adjustment to the size of the flying geese.. what was the size of the flying geese unit...I am curious now...
The instructions for the creamy material said to:

"Cut one 5 1/4" square. Sub cut diagonally twice to make 4 quarter-square triangles." The yellow and "light" green triangles are from 2 7/8" squares that are cut into triangles. The instructions tell you to layer the 2 7/8" fabric squares and make half square triangles which are used in the block. The instructions however do NOT say any thing about how you put the other triangles together that basically make a flying geese unit. It LOOKs like a flying geese unit...and I wish it were!!!...because then I'd have an exact measurement to go by. But the picture only show that the 3 triangle pieces are together....But I think I figured that out. The real problem are the sides where I sew the the outer segment to the the pink part...there's no seam allowance there...so that's where I lost the points. I'll post a pic of the diagram and maybe you can see what might have gone wrong...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-185248.jpe