Thread: Helper
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:25 PM
cminor

Originally Posted by sally's girl
yes, I have 3 fur-helpers...is yours a puggle
Well - yes and no. When we got him - we were told he was a Puggle. We got Lincoln about 8 months before and he is a Puggle. When we went to the store - we knew we would not walk out without a new baby . . and when they told us Truman was a Puggle we were hooked. I think he might actually be a Jug or Jack Russel/Pug. Either way we call him Puggle, Puggie, Jugie and even imposter. . .how can you not love them!

Thank you all for your kind words. I can't wait to get it all together and show it off. I normally don't like white becuase you can see all the seams - but once it is done with batting and the back you normally can not anymore. I made the ribbon blocks with the Fons & Porter ruler. I can not believe how accurate it made everything. Pretty much all my points came out perfectly!

My mother in law had breast cancer and this is a suprise for her. I have to say I am actually very proud of it. I have given only 4 away - 2 for girls I work with who had babies, and a Minnesota Vikings quilt for my dad. I don't think he really understood the work that went into it so this one will probably be the most important that I have done. I am considering making pillows for my 2 sister in laws also - something we can all have the same. MIL always gives us Pink Ribbon items so I know she will love it.

More pictures to come :)

And a big huge THANK YOU! to MTS - who helped with the alternating block. I love love love it!

Chuck, Truman, me and Lincoln
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185300[/ATTACH]

Quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185301[/ATTACH]

My very first quilt - how far I have come
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185302[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-185294.jpe   attachment-185295.jpe   attachment-185296.jpe