Old 04-16-2011, 07:06 PM
DeedeeSwift

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
Do you hand applique? You could have a couple of blocks ready. Or redwork, have the design all ready and the threads and supplies with it.
Prayers for you and your daughter.
Applique is what my mom worked on when she was taking my dad to chemo and now for follow up visits and checkups - I am blessed to still have both of them well and very silly :) - I remember when we were putting it together she learned from her applique teacher.. she keeps it in a trapper keeper (a notebook that zips all around) with sleeve protectors we bought at walmart and a zipper pouch we got in the school supplies aisle. Straw needles in a little tube and a couple of spools of silk thread (grey and cream match most) those were kept in the zip pouch in front. She was working on 6" squares, a very simple pattern of baskets and flowers, and she put them all together in a very pretty lap quilt. It was handy because it was all inclusive in the trapper keeper - all she had to carry or worry about grabbing on the way out the door. She could leave the square she was working on the little hoop and just drop it in and zip it up. :)

Your being there for your daughter is wonderful and I hope you are blessed with a good outcome! Prayers and good thoughts your way!