View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 08:02 PM
quilting.addict

I have a deadline for myself, to have the top completely pieced and the back pieced before Monday evening!! I will give it to the long arm quilter at my guild that evening.
Here's the problem: My original design was to make a 4" border out of the cream and a 6 or 8" border out of the large print. I ended up adding one more row of blocks all around to make the diamond shape patterns come out even along the outside. Once I did this, it made it 16 inches bigger in both directions. I had already cut the cream into 4.25" strips and only have 6 of them. It is not enough to go around the perimeter. I have two choices: Cut them in half and make less than a two inch first border, or eliminate that cream border all together... I actually will not have enough of the large print to use for the binding, but have time to get it while the quilt is being quilted...would appreciate any input so I can do it tomorrow!! Sunday...

first pieced top looked incomplete
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185327[/ATTACH]

added row, plus two borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185328[/ATTACH]

added row plus one large border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185329[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-185321.jpe   attachment-185322.jpe   attachment-185323.jpe