View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Yep I use Keyscrambler for the encryption of my key strokes and the Add-On I added was "Better Privacy" and I thought I got another one from Firefox but I didnt. I went into my firewall and put all of my ports on Stealth mode. If you go to Cnet.com you can find a lot of security programs that work and will have the ratings both by user and their engineers. I forget the name of the program I used for my files but it works really well, all of my files including photos are overwritten.

There is also a program my buddy loves to use that changes his IP address every 2 seconds so it confuses the server. I have it on my other laptop but not on this one. I didnt think I needed it on this computer because I use it only at my home and never take it with me anywhere. If I was using it at a Starbucks or something like that then I would hide the IP for sure.

Billy
I love cnet for finding virus free and tried and true programs. I saw that IP changer but haven't downloaded it yet as I was worried some of the places I go would not recognize me. Course that's what you want but some sites you want them to recognize you. I will go check my firewall for the stealth mode advice. Guess I'm one of the odd ones but Firefox drove me nuts and I just went back to IE. I had so much trouble with my bookmarks and folders it just wasn't worth it to me.

Thanks so much! :-D
Comodo Firewall is the best!! (and its free)

Billy