Thread: New from Pa.
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 09:05 AM
JUNEBUG

Hello everyone - I just joined, but have been reading all the friendly replies to questions for quite some time. I live in Pennsylvania where the leaves will soon be changing, my favorite time of the year. I have been quilting for about 5 years I took a class to make a table runner and that is how it all started. I just finished a king size top in the Sunshine and Shadow pattern there are 1200 2 1/2 inch squares. Lucky enough to live not far from Lancaster Amish Country and was able to get all the fabric in their traditional colors. All squares were cut, 1/4" marked and sewed by hand I just can't wait for the time to get it on the frame. I don't know how to piece on a machine yet. Anyhow enough about me - I am just glad to be able to join such a friendly group of quilters. I have a question already - I have made a few rag quilts and really do not like the way the boarders are just so floppy 6 1/2 squares with 5" batting. Has anyone ever put binding around the edges? Hope everyone who reads this has a nice day. Jane