View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Greeter Eva

[quote=purplefiend]
Originally Posted by Auntie B
Feather Weights are beautiful. There is only black, and mint green (actually cream, and not a myth) They all have serial numbers, either on the front, usually on the bottom (of the machine, not the case) Singer has a web site that you can go and check the serial numbers, and they have listings of where and when they were made, and how many machines were released that year. There are also feather weight machines that are open armed, and some have a fold down extended bed. ho doesn't use if anymore etc. One thing you have to know tho is if it is a Singer Feather Weight, ONLY use Singer Needles. Singer needles are actually a little longer than the rest. All singer machines are built to accept only singer needles. [gently snipped]

Auntie,
You forgot to mention the tan Featherweight, made for a
short time from 1961-62.
My Featherweights(3) all work much better using Schmetz needles as the current Singer branded needles can be iffy
on quality. I use the Schmetz needles in all of my Singer machines, the newest one I own is from 1968, the stitch quality is wonderful.
Here's a picture of my tan featherweight.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...45965719anVMRT
Sharon W.
I just noticed something on your machines. They don't all have the gold scroll pattern on them.Is this because they're newer?