Old 04-17-2011, 01:14 AM
saf

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
REREAD IT!!! I know we all know this we are all great quilters with very intelligent minds! I just cannot believe how this happened. Yesterday I made 4 pillowcases using the roll method from www.allpeoplequilt.com. Well the pattern called for 7/8 yard of your main material and 3/8 yard of your secondary material. well I took this as meaning 31.5 of my firemen and 13.5 of my firehat materials. which made the pillowcase very long (the size of a queen size pillowcase!) Well today I decided to check just one more time I had read the directions for at least 3 days because I have never made them before and I just wanted to make sure I did not make any mistakes (ha,ha) Well there it was on page 2. Use 26.5 inches of your 1st fabric and 10.5 of your secondary fabric. So I made the pillow cases 7 inces too long!!!! Yes laugh it was funny my husband kept saying are you sure they are supposed to be that long. I kept saying yes because really who wants to be wrong infront of they DH!! So to all who go by patterns PLEASE REREAD them I wasted 28"s of material because of this mistake.

(Or if you look at it another way i discovered how to make queen size pillowcases just ask and I will tell you :))

I want to say thank you to all who have been so supportive of my quilt and these pillowcases. I have been dealing with a mild case of depression (thank God for celexa!) and this was the first things in a few months that I have made and really enjoyed!!! Take care!!! Jade
You mean you're supposed to read all the instructions/recipe/directions before you start!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: