View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 05:10 AM
Tcharlie

Originally Posted by tutt
My husband lost his job in November, but he's retirement age, so it's working out and I still have a very good job, and we've paid off most of our bills and are preparing the house for my retirement. Then my badness hit.......I really feel awful, but I bought (financed) a Bernina 820 today! I love it, but why did I do this. I didn't need it....I have a Pfaff that I love, but I'm afraid if I don't get it now, I'll never have it! I'm conflicted, I want it but not sure I should keep it!!! Help, make me feel better!!!! Buyer's remorse sucks!
Ok, here goes!

If your husband is retired and you are close to retirement and you both worked all your lives, then you deserve your own toys. My husband has his toys in restoring cars and shows them and he is a smoker and buys cartons of cigs each week therefore I don't have buyer's remorse on things that I want to have now while I am working and can pay for them. Lord knows the money will not be there when I retire.

So, Go for it and while you are at it make sure you get all the attachments too!

Tcharlie