View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 07:56 AM
susanwilley

Originally Posted by MTS
Most retail operations can't really ADVERTISE it for less than the MSRP price as they've all signed a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreement with EQ.

I sort of got caught up in whole MAP deal when EQ6 came out and they tried to stop me from selling it on eBay at a lower price. Except I'm a person, not a retail outlet, it was a duplicate gift = my personal property, and it was none of their business at what price I offered it for sale.

Doesn't mean the retail operation (store or online) can't/won't SELL it for less.

Now, if you happen to come across one in a store, make an offer. If there is a small website or shop online that is advertising 5 or 6 at it's original MSRP (which is ridiculous at this date) call and make an offer. The owners might be/should be very happy to get their costs back rather than having it sit around collecting dust with a tag at full price.

Keep checking eBay as it comes up every now and then. And you can put an ISO (In Search Of) post up in the Classifieds on this board stating you're looking to buy either version.

Someone just picked up an EQ5 by doing that the other day. Just make sure to check out and understand the restrictions you might have in buying a used program (especially EQ6).

Good luck.
Great info! Thanks MTS