Old 04-17-2011, 01:14 PM
writerwomen

FYI to all who have or want Niffty knitters. I carry one on occation when I know I will be waiting somewhere. I have been working on a large one on the same project for 2 years because I have weak hands from so many broken fingers as a child. Anyways- my son unwittingly set his trumpet and backpack ontop of the backpack holding the knitter in the back of the van and snapped off 3 pegs. I wrote to Provo craft asking about replacement pegs and instead they rushed me a brand new knitter- no charge.
Ideas for sewing in the hospital. Tiny items for your daughter and friends to enjoy. Doll cloths or quilt. A small sleeping bag, carrying bag, hat etc for a stuffed animal who is a companion through the stays. Buttons in different shapes, colors and design that say things like- Brave, True Friend, Courage, Smile God Loves You and so on (Pin backs can be found most craft stores. A Soft picture frame. Some other small craft ideas which are usually quick can be found at www.favecrafts.com.
Make a Necklace or bracelet of fabric and other colorful beads-Rolled paper beads would be fun too. A bracelet made of braided embroidery floss in clors your daughter likes and share them with eveyone as a symbol of their friendship. Find things to make both yourself and others there smile. You may already have a great staff around your daughter but those little things can help them to remeber your daughter is extra special.