Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 PM
HanNatNana

Originally Posted by Elsie Blight
l went to the local hospital garage sale bought two wooden dinning room chairs for aus$5 as a was walking home for my car to pick up the chairs WOW a voice Elsie would you like a sewing machine its in my car l'll drop it off for you so l explained l would be back for the chairs he was waiting when l got back. l cannot believe l have have had one given to me like that so l think it has got around l am interested in old machines it is a Werthiem alsi in the afternoon hubby needed some parts to put Ruby in a cabinet so off we went to a new contact was l gobsmacked oh my they must have had a hundred old machines in the house which was a big old Australian return verandah and his big l mean big garage was full off machines or part machines he has been collecting and restoring for twentyfive years needless to say l came home with another machin a hand crank called HAID & NEU made in Germany l will post pictures oh boy am l lucky at the moment.Elsie Blight Australia
Elsie that's great!! At the weekend I went to yet another Op Shop hoping to find some Singer Low Shank Feet for the Singer Capri and one of the volunteer ladies has offered her old machine...don't know the model or what comes with it, she appears to know little about sewing, but I will collect it in the next few weeks when I'm in that area again.

This Capri is the one I was going to convert to a felting machine, but my 9yo DGD has fallen in love with it and asked me to teach her to sew.....how can you refuse? She didn't ask for the machine but I could see she likes it, possibly because it's smaller than all my other machines, who knows? Anyway, it's a small price to pay to get her interested in sewing so that's why I'm now chasing additional feet for it....for a felting machine these were the last thing I needed!@! LOL

Have you been to Unley Second Hand? they have some great vintage machines on eBay.

Bronwyn ;-)