View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
well, I don't eat gizzards...I have....but hubby's family loves them...fried or in chicken and rice...will stick a fork in a hand that reaches on their plate......go ahead, won't be mine, lol!
So, K, you eat those gizzards in your salad? just wondering. I don't think they are gross, just chewy and no flavor, but why would anyone want to name their quilt that? eccentric I guess. I probably would have thought twice before clicking too, but knowing me?...I probably would have just to see, what goes by that name? :roll: :D
I was a bit reluctant to try them at first but they're really nice! They have quite a lot of flavour, in fact they're quite rich and you can't eat many. They toss them warm in a mixed lettuce salad with a vinaigrette dressing. In autumn, they put sweet chestnuts in there as well - yummy!

K x
well, actually, the only ones i have eaten were fried, and maybe I cooked them a tad too long? I missed being on at the same time today, but my surge protector bit the dust. This one belongs in 'cave'. Company is sending me a new one, as I still had over a year of warranty left! Yippee!!
you sure you live way across the ocean? awww, just think of the fun we could have if we lived in same place. I could learn to like gizzards and you could help me with my crazy patch stuff, and I could show you my cave etc. :D