View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 06:03 PM
charismah
Banned

Dee Dee sent me this sampler and said I could quilt it however I wanted. :)

When I get a sampler quilt I like to change up the block work a bit but also keep it consistent through-out the quilt. So in this case I used a stipple in the white areas. I also did the half circle bumps in the some squares throughout the quilt.

I kept the quilting all very simple because the quilt is so gorgeous and the fabrics are so beautiful and very thoughtfully chosen. I feel in this case as a long arm quilter i need to be the least invasive as I can and just add a to the beauty.

IN the border with the border print fabric of roses..I simply outlined each row of flowers so they would pop out. IN the final border I added a feather... The inner border I simply outlined. There were two sashing borers..one I left alone..so it would pop out..in the white sashing border I quilted leaves....I am really in love with that design as a sashing design because it is compliments so many quilts.

I quilted this on my INNOVA. NO pantograph or computer quilting. All freehand.
I used HObbs polydown batting.

Thanks for looking!

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185755[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-185741.jpe   attachment-185742.jpe   attachment-185743.jpe   attachment-185744.jpe   attachment-185748.jpe  

attachment-185749.jpe