Old 04-17-2011, 06:54 PM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
According to auction sheet, there were 750 machines there. Don't know about that but plenty enough to go around.
Sorry if you already said, but where did all of the machines come from :shock: :shock: :shock: ???
Sorry this is late but it was an estate auction. Apparently one or both of the couple collected sewing machines.
I came home with two machines. One was a 301 which runs so sweet, she sings. However, no attachments or manual. Her name is Rebecca (name of one of Betsy Ross' sisters which is what I named my FW.) The other machine was the green Bernina, model 117L, a zigzag model. S/He sews sweetly as well. This one came with a amnual (YEAH!!) plus a Bernina tin of attachments (feet) plus 15 bobbins. There is also a suspect bobbin cover and bobbin with the machine. I also probably have the tip to a Bernina oil can but not the can and a brush that originally came with the machine. In the attachments are a couple of unidentified feet plus a couple of other weird do-hickeys. One of the unidentified feet has two rollers on it, like rolling pin rollers, and have no clue as to their purpose. My sister guessed maybe for satin or velvet or another slippery fabric and I'm wondering if maybe I can use it like a walking foot. Don't believe the feed dogs drop b/c manual didn't say anything about that. Will post pics tomorrow of both machines plus pics of Betsy. Pic is posted here from auction preview.
On the Bernina, I was bidding against the antique guy and would have dropped out earlier but DH said to keep going so I did and wound up the machine. What is really strange is that it came in a crappy plastic case which seems out of character for its suspected age. I am wondering if this can be put into a cabinet. I'd be happier but don't know if it's possible.

My latest acquisition, the Bernina.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185783[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-185777.jpe