Old 04-17-2011, 08:00 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Ha!! GMTA ... it would seem that as you were typing your suggestion ... I was typing my thoughts and request for input!!! :thumbup:

Re your suggestion of colour value ... how much attention do you think I should place towards the actual grouping of the colours?

Thanks for the help!
I agree! OK first my disclaimer. I have never actually made a OBW. I have only spent countless hours staring at the book and knowing when I see a pictre here of one if it is pleasing to me and flows. You already seem to have a big grouping of value in your picture here but some of the darks are further down. Go to an office supply store and get one of those transparent plastic binder page holders in the red color and green color. Cut it half so you have one sheet of the red. When putting the hexes on the design wall step back and view through the red plastic. It should mute the color so it is really obvious what reads dark medium and light. There is a lot of red in your quilt so if it doesn't seem to work, view it through the green one. This should help you in segregating the hues enough to work on placement of value only in your layout. Take pictures and look at it via picture. Sometimes something that is not obvious as you stare at it in the flesh becomes glaringly obvious in a photo.